Mid Back Pain falls into 2 broad categories.
Often known as pinched nerve between the shoulders, this can vary in intensity from local pain to sharp strong shooting pain. Early symptoms includes
- Muscular stiffness and tightness
- Discomfort between the shoulder blades at night
- Decreased range of motion of the shoulders
- Pain on sneezing or coughing
- Pain shooting or referring up to the neck, shoulder/s and arms
- Can often be the cause of headaches or migraines
- Agonising pain on movement, sometimes referring around the chest.
- Is much less common than Thoracic Misalignment
- Usually noticed with breathing, sneezing, and coughing
- Mild cases have a slight discomfort, patients often remark “I can’t get a full breath in”
- Often causes shooting pain that usually refers around the side or front of the chest
At Chiropractic Life we examine the entire body to ascertain the cause of the problem and form an accurate diagnosis to allow the best treatment. Mid back issues can be readily and easily managed using a chiropractic approach. Treatment includes manual therapy, soft tissue work and appropriate rehabilitative exercises.